Thursday, March 21, 2013

Healthy Poulli


Polli was my favorite breakfast, growing up. But, we had to travel 24 miles to get it at the famous restaurant "Subash."

I had to live with nostalgia of peeling the layers of polli (the way I used to eat it as a child) and imagine tasting the cardamom spiced sweet filling.

Realizing after all these years that no Polli restaurant is going to sprout in our neighborhood, I finally decided to take matters into my own hand. As I am now a reasonably good cook and having a knack for extracting a recipe just by tasting, I have succeeded in making a very tasty & healthy Polli.

Just have a look at the pics: the color & thinness of the Polli skin and layer, the thickness of the ample filling...  Yum!   My kids love the Soosium I make and I hope they'll like this healthy version of Polli. I wish I knew how to make Polli for mummy...
                                                                     I am my mother's daughter,
Copyright©2013VeerajaR

No comments: